Builders' Hardware & Supply Company has been in business for over 50 years and prides itself on being a very unique company within the hardware industry. We have been able to blend the best of the wholesale distribution model, contract house, high end showrooms, and hollow metal door and frame fabrication in order to serve our wide range of customers.
Our hybrid approach allows us to be your source for all the locks and hardware you've come to depend on us for, as well as commercial finish hardware, commercial doors and frames, and custom residential hardware. We are an employee-owned company, headquartered in Seattle.
Builders' Hardware & Supply Company was founded in 1958 by Tom Shannon and his daughter Shirley Henry. Through the poor economic years of the 1960's the company survived and began to grow, thanks to the sacrifices and efforts made by loyal employees and management. In 2002 under our beloved President and CEO Shirley Henry, the company became wholly employee-owned. Mrs. Henry passed away in 2002, but left behind a proud legacy of commitment to customer service which continues on to this day.
The Builders' Hardware team, now numbering over a hundred individuals, strives to meet and exceed the expectations of our customers. Our professional and knowledgeable staff provides the best quality service and hardware to Dealers, Contractors, and Homeowners all across the Northwest. With branches in Seattle, Kennewick, Portland, and Bellevue, we are proud to share our passion to be the primary source of hardware, services and commercial doors & frames for customers all across the Northwest.
In addition to providing Hardware and Services, Builders' Hardware & Supply Company is dedicated to being responsible members of our community. Every year our employees and customers raise funds to benefit local charities and funds, with additional donations from the company itself.
- Our year end raffle for 2016 raised money the Detlef Schrempf Foundation.
- In 2016, our annual golf tournament benefited Hopelink.
- In May 2016, we sent volunteers to help Habitat for Humanity. Our volunteers went to the La Fortuna project in Renton, donating and installing door locks, and providing other labor for the 9 unit complex.
- In 2015, our annual golf tournament benefited the Wounded Warrior Project.
- Our very popular year-end raffle raised money for the Ben Towne Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation.
- Our Walk Against Hunger food drive gathered food, goods, and cash contributions to Northwest Harvest.
- We also donate to Seattle Children's Hospital, the American Red Cross Oso Slide fund, and the Capitol Hill Housing Foundation.
- And our Seattle branch is full of dedicated Seahawk fans and flies the 12's flag every year.